Nominations are now open for the 2017 Masterton Civic Awards. The Masterton District Council’s Civic Award acknowledges outstanding voluntary service to the Masterton District and its people.
Hard copy forms can be collected from:
- Masterton District Council, 161 Queen Street
- Masterton District Library, 54 Queen Street.
Please send your nomination and any enclosures to:
Masterton District Council
161 Queen Street, Masterton 5810
E: [email protected]
P: 06 378 6308 (DDI)
Nominations close at 4.00 pm, Friday 27th October 2017
Who is eligible for a Civic Award?
1. The Masterton District Council’s Civic Award acknowledges outstanding voluntary service to the Masterton District and its people.
2. Any person who has already received a Royal or New Zealand honour shall, only in special circumstances, be eligible for a Civic Award.
3. In special circumstances, the selection panel may make a Civic Award to a person who lives outside the district boundaries, providing the deserving voluntary service concerned has been wholly or predominantly carried out for the benefit of the Masterton District and its people.
What kind of service merits a Civic Award?
4. Deserving Voluntary service is recognised by the Masterton District Council’s Civic Awards.
In the ordinary course of events the person’s or group’s service will have overall been of a voluntary nature; however, the payment of an honorarium or such similar monetary recompense to an office holder will not necessarily disqualify the person from receiving an Award.
|Arts and Culture||Enhancing and increasing participation in arts, including music and creative leisure activities|
|Community||A person that has achieved outstanding results.|
|Education||Improving and enhancing the development of young people and children.|
|Heritage and Environment||Improving or revitalising the environment, culture and heritage.|
|Health and Wellbeing||Providing services that enhance the wellbeing of people.|
|Sport and Leisure|
NOTE: This award is for those involved in ‘running’ the sport/leisure activity, e.g. coaching administration, etc as opposed to those who participate in these activities.
|Enhancing and increasing participation in physical sport, leisure and activity and recreational pursuits.|