Nominations are now open for the 2017 Masterton Youth Awards. The Masterton Youth Awards acknowledge outstanding contributions by young people residing within the Masterton District. If you know if someone who goes above and beyond for our community nominate them today!
Hard copy forms can be collected from:
- Masterton District Council, 161 Queen Street
- Masterton District Library, 54 Queen Street.
Please send your nomination and any enclosures to:
Youth Development Coordinator
Connecting Communities Wairarapa
41 Perry Street, Masterton 5810
E: [email protected]
P: 06 378 8900
Nominations close at 4.00 pm, Friday 27th October 2017
Who is eligible for a Youth Award?
- The Masterton Youth Awards acknowledge outstanding contributions by young people residing within the Masterton District.
- Any person who has already received a Royal or New Zealand honour shall, only in special circumstances, be eligible for a Youth Award.
- In special circumstances, the selection panel may make a Youth Award to a person who lives outside the district boundaries providing the person’s achievement relates to the Masterton District.
- Youth Awards will be awarded to those between 12 to 24 years of age.
Youth Award Categories:
|Beat Street||Youth who demonstrate a level of significant creativity or made an outstanding contribution in the area of arts, music or culture, or have applied creative thinking to solve a problem in their community.|
|Youth 4 Community||For youth who have participated in volunteer work to support responses to community issues, motivated others, taken on challenges and met them or led a project.|
|Kia Kaha||For a young person who has overcome obstacles to achieve or make a contribution in their chosen field, learning from their mistakes and overcoming adversity, or has been an inspiration to others.|
|Dream Team||For a youth group that has made a significant contribution to the community.|
|Youth 4 Enviro||For a youth group or individual who shows innovation around positive environmental practices and projects that inspire others.|
|Young Employee Award |
(17 – 24 years)
|To recognise a young person’s outstanding contribution and growth in to the workforce and encouraging them in their careers.|