When Masterton was first settled by pakeha in 1854, a section of land was set aside as a ‘publick’ reserve. In the 1870s, after public pressure, the land was designated as a public park, and the Masterton Park Trust formed to administer it.
An engineering assessment of the Masterton Library building has found parts of the building need strengthening to bring it up to building standards.
A new PVC liner is being installed in the outdoor lido swimming pool at the Trust House Recreation Centre.
The Coronation Hall, on the edge of the Lake of Remembrance in Queen Elizabeth Park, has seen a lot of changes in its 107 year history. But it was not the first tea kiosk in the park, as GARETH WINTER from the Wairarapa Archive explains.
Have an interest and knowledge in at least one arts sector? Interested in helping allocate funds to these projects? We need you on our Assessment Committee.
We are looking for two new assessors to help analyse applications, allocate the funds to best meet the criteria and be committed to attending the four meetings per year.