Every year we take a fresh look at our costs and planned spending for the coming 12 months. We already have a good idea of how our budget is looking thanks to the long-term planning we did in 2018 – this annual review lets us check everything is on track and helps us make any adjustments we might need to.
We want to say thanks for taking the time to tell us what you think about the big questions. With your input we can make good decisions for Masterton’s future. Below are the great prizes you could win if you complete the survey.
$200 of Skate Gear with Empire.
Empire Skate is New Zealand and Australia’s premier skateboard and streetwear store. They have an amazing range of skate gear, shoes and clothing. You could win a $200 voucher for Empire Skate.
$200 Stirling Sports Voucher
Sportswear and activewear from big brands like Adidas, Nike, Champion, Fila, Reebok and more. Hit the road with new gear from Stirling Sports.
$200 Lonestar Voucher
Famous for its buffalo chips, Lone Star has been New Zealand’s homegrown restaurant and bar since 1988.Take the family out for a special dinner at Lonestar Masterton with a $200 voucher.
Bowling and Bumper Cars
Take the family out with bowling and bumper cars on us at Master Bowl.
This prize includes tickets for 2 Adults, 2 Children and a $50 food voucher so you can grab some great snacks to fuel up for fierce competition on the lanes.
Family Pass to Pukaha
A Family Pass gives you free access for an entire year.
One of our local gems, win a family pass to Pukaha so the kids can say hello to Manukura the white Kiwi anytime. Learn about their conservation work, see birds with their chicks in the aviaries and enjoy the tranquil surroundings together.
2 x Tickets to WoW – World of Wearable Art
The World of Wearable Art Awards have bedazzled audiences in New Zealand with their magic and ingenuity for over 30 years. Prepare for a theatrical spectacle and some of the most extraordinary talent from around the world
$200 Petrol Voucher
Sure to spin your wheels, win your next fill on us with a $200 fuel voucher to keep you moving.
What are we talking about?
There are three key projects we need your input on. You may have already heard us talking about the town hall over summer when we were out asking the community what they thought about a shared community space. We’re also keen to find out what you think about how we manage the water in Henley Lake and about the possibility of upgrading the skate park to make it bigger, safer and more varied. You can read more about each of the topics below and then make your submission, you will be asked which prize you would like to win during the survey so just tick the box and then fingers crossed.
Investing in a shared, multi-purpose facility
The Town Hall was closed in June 2016 and cannot be repaired. We know most of Masterton wants a new facility, but we first need to decide what to do with two buildings that are connected to the old Town Hall – that includes whether we keep the frontage of the existing building (the façade).
We’ve always taken water from the Ruamāhanga River to fill Henley Lake. The rules are changing and it’s likely we won’t be able to take water from the river in dry summer months in the future. We need to decide whether we keep pushing for an agreement for us to keep taking water from nearby water sources during dry summer months, or whether we adapt the lake to suit lower water levels in summer.
Get your skates on
We’ve been working with our skating community about refreshing a much-loved Masterton asset. The skatepark needs urgent refurbishment and we need to decide whether we just do what needs doing now, or take it a step further and start a full revamp
Terms and Conditions
- The promoter is: Masterton District Council whose registered office is at Waiata House, 27 Lincoln Road, Masterton.
- The competition is open to residents of Masterton.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
- Closing date for entry will be 20th April 2020. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- Winners will be chosen at random using random number generator software.
- The winner will be notified by email within 7 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected / is delivered.