Masterton District Council supports and facilitates sustainable community growth and development. In partnership with central government, local iwi, businesses, education providers and community groups, Council staff make a vital contribution to the District’s wellbeing.
We provide governance, leadership and advocacy for the people of the District. We build and maintain quality infrastructure, including community facilities, roads, sewerage, water and stormwater systems. We deliver regulatory services focused on public health, safety and wellbeing, and we develop long-term plans and strategies to provide a framework for change and sustainable development in our District.
We aim to deliver excellent services to ensure that present and future generations can continue to enjoy our great climate and superb, natural environment. We want to foster and support a friendly, caring community and be known as a great place to live, work and play.
E te tini, e te rahi – aro mai ki tēnei kaupapa
We are looking for a corporate planning specialist to fill this pivotal role at Masterton District Council.
Reporting to the Manager Strategic Planning, you will be responsible for leading the corporate planning function including the production of key Council corporate documents like the Long-Term Plan, Annual Plan, Annual Report and Pre-election Report. Along with this work, you will:
- Coordinate the corporate business plan and work programmes to ensure strategic alignment within and across the organisation
- Provide high quality corporate planning analysis, support, information and advice, including organisational performance and risk management
- Co-ordinate and facilitate community engagement and consultation related to the corporate planning cycle in conjunction with our Communications Team
- Support the delivery of the wider governance, policy and strategy work programme as required.
To be considered for this role, you will have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification(s) and/or substantial background experience in corporate planning or another related field (i.e. policy, strategic planning, project management and/or communications)
- A good understanding of the Local Government Act (2002), and the associated regulatory corporate planning procedures and/or experience operating in a role with rigorous legislative guidelines and timeframes to adhere to.
- Demonstrable understanding of the Treaty of Waitangi / Te Tiriti o Waitangi relevant to the work being undertaken
- Demonstrated skills in relationship-building – establishing a productive, cooperative and inclusive dialogue with others
- Proven project management skills and knowledge of project management principles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and a talent for presentation of written documents
- Proven ability to co-ordinate and collate input from various sources
- Evidenced analytical and problem-solving skills
If you have a passion for the Masterton community, and have the skills and experience we are looking for, we would love to hear from you. You can contact Vicki McLachlan, People and Capability Manager, for a confidential chat on 06 370 6267, or send us your application (CV and covering letter) specifically addressing your fit to the competencies we are looking for to [email protected]
Applications close at 5pm on 22 November 2019 and applicants must have the right to work in New Zealand.
We don’t always have roles available but we are always keen to hear from people that would be a great fit for Council. You can submit a speculative CV below which will be stored by our HR team, if a role becomes available that you are suited to then you may be contacted by one of our team. Fill out the form below or send us an email.