Wairarapa is at Orange on the COVID-19 Protection Framework.
Operating as normal:
- Water treatment
- Wastewater treatment
- Water testing
- Kerbside rubbish collection
- Kerbside recycling collection in urban areas
In Masterton, Vaccine Passes are required at the Trust House Recreation Centre (pool and gym). Children under 12 attending the pool will be required to be accompanied by someone aged 16 or over with a Vaccine Pass. Children aged 12 years and older will need to show a Vaccine Pass upon entry.
Vaccine Passes are not required at Masterton District Library or in the Council’s Queen Street office.
All attendees at council and committee meetings will required Vaccine Passes.
Council offices are open 9am – 4pm. Cash is accepted. Payments can also be made via the website, through online banking and direct debits. Please scan in and wear your face covering while in the public areas of our offices.
- The Masterton Library is open Monday – Friday 9.30am – 5:30pm and Saturday 9:30am-1pm. As a public venue, service will look a little different, it is essential you abide by the following when you are in the library.
- You are required to scan the COVID app or fill in your details on the ticket and place in box.
- Please use the hand sanitiser provided.
- Masks must be worn at all times while in library
- Remain 1m away from staff and other library users.
- Use the self-checkouts for quicker, and contactless service.
- Visitor numbers in the library are being limited – please restrict your visit to less than 30 minutes.
- Only one person per table – furniture must NOT be moved.
- Wairarapa Archive is not open to physical visits but staff can be contacted via email on [email protected] or by phone on 06 370 6253.
Parks and sportsfields:
- Parks and sportsfields are open to use, but you must follow 1m physical distancing rules.