New Zealand is in Alert Level 1 in the fight against COVID-19. This means most services will be returning to normal. Here’s what to expect:
Continuing as normal:
- Water treatment
- Wastewater treatment
- Water testing
- Kerbside rubbish collection
- Kerbside recycling collection in urban areas
Under Level 1:
- Council offices – will be open from 9am – 4pm weekdays. Cash will be accepted and payments can also be made via the website, through online banking and direct debits instead.
- Library – will be open from Monday 18th, 10am to 5:30pm on weekdays and until 6:30pm on Thursdays. It will be open from 9:30am to 1pm on Saturday. You can check the library website for their online services.
- Wairarapa Archives will be open from 1pm – 5pm. Remote enquiries can be made by calling 06 370 6311 or by emailing [email protected].
- Swimming pools and the recreation centre are now open, you can visit their website for more information.
- Community halls are open.
- Transfer stations throughout Wairarapa are open to all public users with general waste, recycling and green waste.
Parks and sportsfields:
- Parks and sportsfields are open to use.
- Mowing of parks, sportsfields and berms will resume.
- Playgrounds and water fountains will start to open once they have been thoroughly cleaned.
- Provision of LIMs, PIMs and the processing of building and planning consents.
- Building inspections will be carried out.
- Advice is available for landowners and planning work.
- Essential roading maintenance and repair will continue, and planned construction work will resume.
- Animal and Environmental Health-related calls, including dog control and noise complaints, will be actioned.
Official Sources of Information
If you can’t get essentials like food or medicine and don’t have a family member or friend that can help, you can call the Wairarapa COVID-19 Helpline on 0800 239 247.
Latest updates: covid19.govt.nz/updates-and-resources/latest-updates/
Mental Wellbeing: covid19.govt.nz/wellbeing/mental-wellbeing/where-to-go-for-help/
Financial support: covid19.govt.nz/jobs-and-training/financial-support/
Public transport: org.nz/our-metlink-journey/covid-19-important-information
Ministry of Health: health.govt.nz/our-work/diseases-and-conditions/covid-19-novel-coronavirus
Ministry of Education: education.govt.nz/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-3/
Wellington Regional Emergency Management Office WREMO: wremo.nz
Wairarapa COVID-19 Updates page: facebook.com/COVID19Wairarapa