At 11:59 on Tuesday 7 August we will move to Alert Level Two
Here’s what will happen with Council services as we operate under Alert Level Two:
Operating as normal:
- Water treatment
- Wastewater treatment
- Water testing
- Kerbside rubbish collection
- Kerbside recycling collection in urban areas
Opening under Level 2:
- Council offices are open 9am – 4pm. Cash is now accepted. Payments can also be made via the website, through online banking and direct debits. Please scan in and wear your face covering while in the public areas of our offices.
- The Masterton Library will reopen at 10am on Thursday 9 of September. Hours during Alert Level 2 are Monday – Friday 10am – 5:30pm and Saturday 9:30am-1pm. As a public venue, service will look a little different, it is essential you abide by the following when you are in the library.
- You are required to scan the COVID app or fill in your details on the ticket and place in box.
- Please use the hand sanitiser provided.
- Masks must be worn at all times while in library
- Remain 2m away from staff and other library users.
- Use the self-checkouts for quicker, and contactless service.
- Visitor numbers in the library are being limited – please restrict your visit to less than 30 minutes.
- Only one person per table – furniture must NOT be moved.
The following services are not available during Alert Level 2:
- Toys and children’s activities
- Public toilets
- Wairarapa Archive will remain closed until Alert Level 1 because of social distancing requirements.
- Swimming pools and the recreation centre – the gym and pools will be open.
- Wear masks on entry, exit, and moving around.
- Masks are not required when doing exercise or swimming.
- 2m social distancing required in all areas, including pool and gym.
- Numbers will be limited particularly for lane swimming to ensure the 2m can be observed.
- Community halls will remain closed until Alert Level 1.
- Transfer stations throughout Wairarapa will reopen to all public users for general waste, recycling, and green waste, with strict social distancing protocols in place.
- Payments must be cashless. Contact tracing or scanning in is mandatory. Masks must be worn and 2m social distancing rules observed
- Please stagger visits – if you find traffic has built up, consider returning at another time.
- Be prepared to queue (staying inside vehicles).
Parks and sportsfields:
- Parks and sportsfields are open to use, but you must following 2m physical distancing rules.
- Main parks have QR codes and these should be scanned.
- Mowing of parks, sportsfields and berms will resume.
- Playgrounds open once they have been thoroughly cleaned.
Public toilets will be open. Bannister Street toilet will be open, but without a custodian at Level 2.
- Provision of LIMs, PIMs and the processing of building and planning consents.
- Building inspections will be carried out.
- Advice is available for landowners and planning work.
- Essential roading maintenance and repair will continue, and planned construction work can resume.
- Animal and Environmental Health-related calls, including dog control and noise complaints, will be recorded and assessed on a case-by-case basis.