Wairarapa is at Alert Level 1 in the fight against COVID-19. Here’s what to expect:
Continuing as normal:
- Water treatment
- Wastewater treatment
- Water testing
- Kerbside rubbish collection
- Kerbside recycling collection in urban areas
Under Level 1:
- Council offices – will be open from 9am – 4pm weekdays. Cash will be accepted and payments can also be made via the website, through online banking and direct debits instead.
- Library – is open, 10am to 5:30pm on weekdays and until 6:30pm on Thursdays. It will be open from 9:30am to 1pm on Saturday. You can check the library website for their online services. We ask you to only send one person from your household, check in with our staff when you arrive, limit your time in the library to 20 minutes, maintain a distance of 2m from others and do not visit or return materials if you or anyone you’ve had contact with has been sick.
- Wairarapa Archives will be open from 1pm – 5pm. Remote enquiries can be made by calling 06 370 6311 or by emailing [email protected].
- Swimming pools and the recreation centre are open, you can visit their website for more information. You will need to maintain physical distancing.
- Community halls remain open.
- Playgrounds remain open.
- Public toilets remain open, with extra cleaning.
- Transfer stations throughout Wairarapa are open to all public users with general waste, recycling and green waste.
Parks and sportsfields:
- Parks and sportsfields are open to use.
- Provision of LIMs, PIMs and the processing of building and planning consents.
- Building inspections will be carried out with strict hygiene protocols.
- Advice is available for landowners and planning work.
- Roading maintenance and repair will continue, and planned construction work will resume.
- Animal and Environmental Health-related calls, including dog control and noise complaints, will be actioned.
Official Sources of Information
If you can’t get essentials like food or medicine and don’t have a family member or friend that can help, you can call the Wairarapa COVID-19 Helpline on 0800 239 247.
Latest updates: covid19.govt.nz/updates-and-resources/latest-updates/
Mental Wellbeing: covid19.govt.nz/wellbeing/mental-wellbeing/where-to-go-for-help/
Financial support: covid19.govt.nz/jobs-and-training/financial-support/
Public transport: org.nz/our-metlink-journey/covid-19-important-information
Ministry of Health: health.govt.nz/our-work/diseases-and-conditions/covid-19-novel-coronavirus
Ministry of Education: education.govt.nz/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-3/
Wellington Regional Emergency Management Office WREMO: wremo.nz
Wairarapa COVID-19 Updates page: facebook.com/COVID19Wairarapa