This section contains the Policies and Bylaws that have been adopted by the Masterton District Council and have been made available to the public for download.
Hard copies of the Bylaws may be inspected at the following places:
- Masterton District Council, 64 Chapel Street Masterton.
- Masterton Library, 54 Queen Street, Masterton.
- South Wairarapa District Council; 19 Kitchener Street, Martinborough.
- Martinborough Library, 14 Jellicoe Street, Martinborough.
- Featherston Library & Service Centre, Fitzherbert Street, Featherston.
- Greytown Library & Service Centre, 115-117 Main Street, Greytown.
If you have any queries relating to the Bylaws please contact Sue Southey at Masterton District Council on 06 370 6300.
- Backflow Prevention Policy (PDF, 83KB)
- Development and Financial Contributions Policy (PDF, 168KB)
- Dangerous and Insanitary Buildings Policy (PDF, 285KB)
- Dog Policy (PDF, 6MB)
- Easter Sunday Shop Trading Policy (PDF, 373KB)
- Parks and Reserves Concession Policy (PDF, 21KB)
- Procurement Policy (PDF, 34KB)
- Psychoactive Substances Local Approved Products Policy (PDF, 1,003KB)
- Revenue and Financing Policy (as included in the 2018-28 Long-Term Plan) (PDF, 243KB)
- Rates Postponement Policy (PDF, 137KB)
- Rates Remission Policy (PDF, 158KB)
- Rates Remission and Postponement on Māori Freehold Land (PDF, 127KB)
- Road and Street Naming Policy (PDF, 484KB)
- Significance and Engagement Policy (PDF, 637KB)
- Smokefree Policy (PDF, 409KB)
- Street Tree Policy (PDF, 2MB)
- Senior Housing Policy and Procedure (PDF, 540KB)
- Town Square Use Policy (PDF, 38KB)
- Treasury Management Policy (PDF, 497KB)
- Treated Effluent Supply Policy (PDF, 7KB)
- Wairarapa Gambling Venue Policy (PDF, 377KB)
- Wairarapa Local Alcohol Policy (PDF, 296KB)
- Wairarapa TAB Board Venue Policy (PDF, 318KB)
The Masterton District Council at a meeting on 14th August 2013 and South Wairarapa District Council on the 31st of July 2013 resolved pursuant to the Local Government Act 2002 to adopt the Masterton District Council and South Wairarapa District Council Consolidated Bylaws 2012, and for them to come into force throughout the Masterton and South Wairarapa Districts on the first day of September 2013. The Consolidated Bylaws 2012 consists of:
- Part 1 – Introductory (PDF, 181KB)
- Part 2 – Public Places (PDF, 599KB)
- Part 3 – Trading in Public Places (PDF, 578KB)
- Part 4 – Solid Waste (PDF, 78KB)
- Part 5 – Water Supply (PDF, 153KB)
- Part 6 – Fires in the Open Air (PDF, 85KB)
- Part 7 – Control of Dogs (Masterton District Council only) (PDF, 5MB)
- Part 8 – The Keeping of Animals, Poultry and Bees (PDF, 75KB)
- Part 9 – Cemeteries & Crematoria (PDF, 81KB)
- Part 10 – Water Races (Masterton District Council only) (PDF, 315KB)
- Part 11 – Wastewater Drainage (PDF, 199KB)
- Part 12 – Trade Waste (PDF, 325KB)
- Part 13 – Traffic (PDF, 297KB)
- Part 14 – Speed (PDF, 1MB)
- Part 15 – Beauticians, Nail Technicians, Tattooists and Skin Piercers (PDF, 102KB)
- Part 16 – Food Safety (PDF, 131KB)
- Part 17 – Liquor Control (PDF, 727KB) (No longer applicable – Refer Alcohol Control Bylaw below.)
- Part 18 – Airport (Masterton District Council only) (PDF, 62KB)