Organise an Event


If you are organising an event, good planning is essential. There are a number of things you will need to consider, some may apply to your event, some may not:

Food Safety Requirements
Alcohol Licensing – an Alcohol Management Plan may be needed
Building Consent for large marquees
Toilet Facilities
First Aid Provision
Road Closures
Litter Control
Noise Control
Planning Consent
Amusement Device Licences

For small events it is likely that many of these will not apply so please get in touch to see what applies to you before you carry out lots of work planning your event. You should contact the Council at least 2 months prior to the event to discuss what will be required. This will give you enough time to comply with any legal requirements that may apply to your event.

Download our Guide to Event Organising (PDF, 488KB)


Venues for Hire

Please note that the Masterton Town Hall is closed for earthquake strengthening.