Welcome to the Long-Term Plan (LTP) section of our website. We are currently working on our draft 2018-2028 LTP that will outline the councils activities and projects over the next ten years. We will keep updating this section of our website as we progress through the 2018-2028 LTP process. We look forward to your participation and feedback during our engagement and consultation phases.
The green button below highlights the current phase we are in for the LTP process. Click on the green button for more information about our LTP pre-engagement phase where we are wanting to ‘test’ our thinking with the community.
WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU
Masterton District Council / Te Kaunihera ā-rohe o Whakaoriori is developing our 2018-28 Long-Term Plan. We would like to share some of our thinking to date. Your feedback will be used to help us shape our priorities for the next ten years.
We are seeking feedback on strategies that will set our long-term direction and shape our community outcomes:
- the revised Infrastructure Strategy outlines our intentions for infrastructure management and development over the next 30 years;
- the draft My Masterton Our People, Our Land Strategy: He Hiringa Tangata, He Hiringa Whenua will guide Council’s contribution towards improving the wellbeing of our residents and communities; and
- the draft Education Strategy/ Te Hiringa i te Mahara supports this document, identifying areas of education that will have the most significant and positive impacts on the development of the Masterton community and its people; and considers how to best support those aspects of education.
Draft Infrastructure Strategy:
Our draft Infrastructure Strategy sets out how we develop and manage our community assets and services (for example, our roads, footpaths and water supply) over a 30 year period. Our infrastructure provides the foundation for our district ensuring that we have quality roading networks through to clean water to drink. MDC will continue to prioritise and invest in our district’s infrastructure.
My Masterton Our People, Our Land Strategy : He Hiringa Tangata, He Hiringa Whenua:
MDC has a Financial Strategy that guides our budgeting and expenditure, and we are revising our Infrastructure Strategy. We have, however, identified a strategic gap when it comes to thinking about our people.
We have developed the My Masterton/Our People, Our Land Strategy : He Hiringa Tangata, He Hiringa Whenua to guide our contribution towards improving the wellbeing of our residents and communities. He Hiringa Tangata, He Hiringa Whenua will focus on the social, cultural, environmental, and economic development areas.
Draft Education Strategy/Te Hiringa i te Mahara:
We have also developed a draft Education Strategy – Te Hiringa i te Mahara that supports the vision and intent of He Hiringa Tangata, He Hiringa Whenua, and identifies areas of education that will have the most significant and positive impacts on the development of the Masterton community and its people; and considers how to best support those aspects of education.
Other potential changes and/or opportunities:
We are also keen to share and get feedback on potential changes and/or opportunities that we are considering. These include:
- key decisions and/or projects outlined in our draft Infrastructure Strategy
- the future of the Town Hall
- support for re-establishing a commercial airline in the Masterton District
- the current support provided for Senior housing
- the future of rural halls
Our formal consultation period on the draft 2018-28 Long-Term Plan will be held in March-April 2018. By then, we will be in a better position to provide further detail on the projects and initiatives we are planning on undertaking over the next ten years.
How to have your say:
- Complete our online survey
- Download our hardcopy survey
- Come and see us when we are out and about [refer to schedule below]
- Pop into our customer service centre at 161 Queen Street and complete a survey [hardcopy/online]
|Education Strategy with Appendices|
|Education Strategy without Appendices|
|Printed copies of our draft strategies and strategy summaries are available in our council office at 161 Queen Street, Masterton and the Masterton District Library at 54 Queen Street, Masterton.|
The survey closes Friday 8th December 2017 at 4:30pm.