Happy New Year everyone. I hope you have all enjoyed spending time with friends and family and that 2019 will be a wonderful year for you all.
Our family had our traditional get together in Hawkes Bay on New Years day. It was a beautiful day and a good time to catch up with our growing family of four generations.
This year is shaping up to be a big one for our district. Now, six months after Council adopted our Long-Term Plan we’re ringing in a New Year that will see the pedal hit the metal, if you like. I’ve highlighted some of the projects and I’m excited to see progress this year.
- The civic centre. We’ve got a big project on our hands this year with the civic centre development progressing
- Town Centre Rejuvenation. You’ve heard about our parklets, this is the testing phase of a much broader plan for our town centre.
- Water meters. This year will see progress in the installation of water meters in the Masterton urban area.
- Queen Elizabeth Park rejuvenation. The next stage of the rejuvenation of Queen Elizabeth Park will be completed in 2019
- Wheelie bins. Wheelie bins will be rolled out this coming year for recycling.
Remember, you can call Council any time of day to let us know about something that needs attention or with even just a comment or compliment. We’re on 06 370 6300 during business hours or 06 378 7752 after hours or, fill in our “Fix it” form.