This section contains the Policies and Bylaws that have been adopted by the Masterton District Council and have been made available to the public for download.
- Backflow Prevention Policy (PDF, 83KB)
- Dog Policy (PDF, 6MB)
- Easter Sunday Shop Trading Policy (PDF, 373KB)
- Parks and Reserves Concession Policy (PDF, 21KB)
- Procurement Policy (PDF, 34KB)
- Psychoactive Substances Local Approved Products Policy (PDF, 1,003KB)
- Road and Street Naming Policy (PDF, 484KB)
- Significance and Engagement Policy (PDF, 637KB)
- Smokefree Policy (PDF, 409KB)
- Street Tree Policy (PDF, 2MB)
- Senior Housing Policy and Procedure (PDF, 540KB)
- Town Square Use Policy (PDF, 38KB)
- Treasury Management Policy (PDF, 497KB)
- Treated Effluent Supply Policy (PDF, 7KB)
- Wairarapa Gambling Venue Policy (PDF, 377KB)
- Wairarapa TAB Board Venue Policy (PDF, 318KB)
- Wairarapa Provisional Local Alcohol Policy (PDF, 517KB)
Masterton District Council, Carterton District Council and South Wairarapa District Council advise that the Wairarapa Provisional Local Alcohol Policy has been revised in accordance with the decision made by the Alcohol Regulatory and Licensing Authority (ARLA) on 25 July 2017. In accordance with the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012 (Subpart 2), any person that made a submission on the original draft policy may appeal any element of the proposed changes to ARLA, within 30 days of the public notice dated 23 November 2017. The revised policy can be viewed on our website, with the proposed changes highlighted in yellow.
The Masterton District Council at a meeting on 14th August 2013 and South Wairarapa District Council on the 31st of July 2013 resolved pursuant to the Local Government Act 2002 to adopt the Masterton District Council and South Wairarapa District Council Consolidated Bylaws 2012, and for them to come into force throughout the Masterton and South Wairarapa Districts on the first day of September 2013.
The Consolidated Bylaws 2012 consists of:
Part 1 – Introductory (PDF, 181KB)
Part 2 – Public Places (PDF, 599KB)
Part 3 – Trading in Public Places (PDF, 578KB)
Part 4 – Solid Waste (PDF, 78KB)
Part 5 – Water Supply (PDF, 153KB)
Part 6 – Fires in the Open Air (PDF, 85KB)
Part 7 – Control of Dogs (Masterton District Council only) (PDF, 5MB)
Part 8 – The Keeping of Animals, Poultry and Bees (PDF, 75KB)
Part 9 – Cemeteries & Crematoria (PDF, 81KB)
Part 10 – Water Races (Masterton District Council only) (PDF, 315KB)
Part 11 – Wastewater Drainage (PDF, 199KB)
Part 12 – Trade Waste (PDF, 325KB)
Part 13 – Traffic (PDF, 297KB)
Part 14 – Speed (PDF, 1MB)
Part 15 – Beauticians, Nail Technicians, Tattooists and Skin Piercers (PDF, 102KB)
Part 16 – Food Safety (PDF, 131KB)
Part 17 – Liquor Control (PDF, 727KB)
Part 18 – Airport (Masterton District Council only) (PDF, 62KB)
Hard copies of the Bylaws may be inspected at the following places:
- Masterton District Council, 64 Chapel Street Masterton.
- Masterton Library, 54 Queen Street, Masterton.
- South Wairarapa District Council; 19 Kitchener Street, Martinborough.
- Martinborough Library, 14 Jellicoe Street, Martinborough.
- Featherston Library & Service Centre, Fitzherbert Street, Featherston.
- Greytown Library & Service Centre, 115-117 Main Street, Greytown.
If you have any queries relating to the Bylaws please contact Sue Southey at Masterton District Council on 06 370 6300.