This page has the privacy statement for all Masterton District Council websites
12 information privacy principles
The Privacy Act sets out 12 information privacy principles dealing with the collection, holding, use and disclosure of personal information, and the assigning of unique identifiers. The principles also give you a right to access information about yourself and to ask for it to be corrected. In outline the 12 principles are:
- Purpose of collection of personal information.
- Source of personal information.
- Collection of information from subject.
- Manner of collection of personal information.
- Storage and Security of personal information.
- Access to personal information.
- Correction of personal information.
- Accuracy, etc., of personal information to be checked before use.
- Agency not to keep personal information for longer than necessary.
- Limits on use of personal information.
- Limits on disclosure of personal information.
- Unique identifiers.
The Act applies to the Masterton District Council in its role as an agency. In compliance with The Act, the Masterton District Council holds certain information about ratepayers and residents of Masterton District. This information is required for lawful purposes used in the functioning of the Masterton District Council. This information is sourced in accordance with principle 2 of The Act.
For more detailed information please refer to The Privacy Act 1993 and its amendments, or the Privacy Commissioner’s website.
If you wish to view any personal information held by the Masterton District Council, please phone (06) 370 6300 or email [email protected]
The Masterton District Council website (‘this Website’) is owned and operated by Masterton District Council. Your use of this Website is subject to the following terms and all applicable laws. By accessing and browsing this Website, you accept, without limitation or qualification, these terms. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms then you must immediately stop accessing and using this Website. If you have any questions about these terms please contact us.
Masterton District Council may modify, alter or otherwise update the terms applicable to this Website from time to time, with or without notice, and you agree to check these terms and conditions and to be bound by such terms as are in effect at the time at which you access this Website.
In these terms:
- references to this Website include all pages of, and all information and material on, this Website, including, without limitation, text, images, graphics, layout, look-and-feel and any other information contained on or in this Website (collectively, ‘Content’) and all transaction processing services available on or via this Website (‘Transaction Processing Services’); and
- references to use of this Website include access to this Website.
Use of Website and Content
Masterton District Council makes this Website available for your personal and non-commercial use. You may download and use information provided on this Website solely for your personal purposes, provided that you do not remove any proprietary rights notices, do not modify the information or make it available to third parties through a networked computer environment and do not make any additional representations or warranties regarding the information.
You may not attempt to gain unauthorised access to any portion or feature of this Website, or attempt to obtain any materials, information or documents through any means not purposely made available by Masterton District Council, including without limitation, hacking, password mining or otherwise accessing data without prior express authorisation. You may not test the vulnerability of this Website, or any network connected to this Website, or seek to trace any information on any other user of this Website. You agree to comply with all applicable laws and with these terms and conditions at all times when using this Website.
Copyright/Ownership of Trademarks
All Content on this website is owned or otherwise provided by Masterton District Council and is subject to copyright and other proprietary rights, including but not limited to the Copyright Act 1994 (New Zealand) and international copyrights, trademarks or other intellectual property rights and laws.
Trademarks, logos and service marks (collectively, ‘Marks’) displayed on this Website are registered or unregistered Marks of Masterton District Council or others, are the property of their respective owners, and may not be used without prior written permission of the owner of such Marks.
Unless otherwise stated, the Content and behaviours of this Website are copyright to Masterton District Council. Masterton District Council authorises you to access and view Content on this Website, print individual pages and download a single copy of the material of this Website for your personal, non-commercial use. Content may not otherwise be reproduced or modified without prior written consent.
- the Internet domain and IP address from which you are accessing this Website
- the browser and operating system you are using
- the date and time you access the site
- the pages you visit
- whether you arrived at this Website via a link from another site and the address of such site.
You consent to the collection and use of this aggregate information for the purposes stated herein.
Provision of Information by You
Limitation of Liability and Exclusion of Warranties
Masterton District Council may update the Content on this Website from time to time, but no assurance is given that the Content on this Website is up-to-date, accurate, error-free or complete. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Masterton District Council:
- makes no representation or warranty regarding the functionality or condition of this Website, its suitability for use, or that its use will be uninterrupted or error-free;
- does not represent or warrant that the Content or services accessed from or through this Website will be uninterrupted or free of errors, defects, viruses or other harmful components, or that any such problems which are discovered will be corrected;
- will not be liable to any person or entity for any damage, direct or indirect, incidental, special or consequential for access to, use of or inability to use the Content, Transaction Processing Services or this Website; and
- assumes no liability for errors or omissions in the Content or the Transaction Processing Services.
Without limiting the foregoing, all Content, Transaction Processing Services and this Website are provided ‘as is’ without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. Some jurisdictions do not permit the exclusion of implied warranties, and if you are in one of those jurisdictions these exclusions may not apply to you.
Use of this Website and these terms shall be governed by the laws of New Zealand without reference to principles of conflict of laws. You agree to be bound by such laws and irrevocably agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of New Zealand in connection with the interpretation or application of these terms. Those who choose to access this Website from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
Contact the Masterton District Council if you have any issues or complaints about any of our services