A Land Information Memorandum (LIM) is a comprehensive report that you can get from the Council on a property. You can request an urgent LIM which will be processed within 5 working days, or a standard LIM which will be processed within 10 working days.
What information does a LIM contain?
- Any special feature of the land the Council knows about including:
- The downhill movement
- Gradual sinking or wearing away of any land
- Falling rock or earth
- Flooding of any type and
- Possible contamination or hazardous substances
- Information the Council has about private and public stormwater and sewerage drains
- Rates information
- Any consents, notices, orders or requisitions affecting the land or buildings
- District Plan classifications that relate to the land or buildings
- Any other classifications on the land or buildings notified to the Council by network utility operators in relation to the Building Act 2004
- Any other information Council deems relevant and
- A copy of the Certificate of Title
Applying for a LIM
To apply for a LIM you will need to fill in the application form.
For us to give you the correct information you will need to provide this information:
- Property address,
- Legal description,
- Valuation number (if known),
- Current owner,
- Property size; and
- The fee which that is listed on the application form. This needs to be paid before we can start processing your application.