A Land Information Memorandum (LIM) is a comprehensive report that you can get from the Council on a property. You can request an urgent LIM which will be processed within 5 working days, or a standard LIM which will be processed within 10 working days.
What information does a LIM contain?
- Any special feature of the land the Council knows about including the downhill movement, gradual sinking or wearing away of any land, the falling of rock or earth, flooding of any type and possible contamination or hazardous substances
- Information the Council holds on private and public stormwater and sewerage drains
- Rates information
- Any consents, notices, orders or requisitions affecting the land or buildings
- District Plan classifications that relate to the land or buildings
- Any other classifications on the land or buildings notified to the Council by network utility operators in relation to the Building Act 2004
- Any other information the Council deems relevant.
- A copy of the Certificate of Title
Applying for a LIM
To apply for a LIM you will need to fill in the application form.
In order for us to provide you with the correct information you will need to provide the following information;
- Property address,
- Legal description,
- Valuation number (if known),
- Current owner,
- Property size; and
- The fee which is listed on the application form is also required to be paid before we can start processing your application.
Once you have completed the form you can drop it into the Council Office along with the required fee, or email it to [email protected] along with confirmation of your online payment.