Masterton District Council is required by legislation to protect, promote and enhance public health within the District. Our Environmental Health Unit has wide-ranging roles, from distributing public health information to undertaking environmental sound surveys. Our main focus areas are:
- Annual registration and licensing
- Responding to health concerns, such as drinking water
- Environmental sound surveys
- Swimming pool water quality
- Responding to concerns of unsanitary conditions and health nuisances
Information about noise control regulations in the Masterton District, and how to make a noise complaint.
We help reduce alcohol abuse through our responsibilities and obligations under the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act.
Licensing information for home-based, mobile or commercial premises operating as hairdressers, beauticians, nail technicians, tattooists or body piercers, funeral parlours, camping grounds, amusement devices and in the offensive trades.
Forms and Applications
- Application for Special Licence (PDF, 367KB)
- Application for a New Manager’s Certificate (PDF, 270KB)
- Application for Renewal of Manager’s Certificate (PDF, 288KB)
- Notice of Management Change (PDF, 137KB)
- Application for Temporary Authority (PDF, 279KB)
- Application for On-Licence or Renewal (PDF, 760KB)
- Application for Off-Licence or Renewal (PDF, 792KB)
- Application for Club Licence or Renewal (PDF, 661KB)
- Alcohol Licensing – Premises Risk and Fees Table (PDF, 70KB)
- Licensed Venue Compliance Essentials (PDF, 4MB)
- Registration of Premises Application (PDF, 1.5MB)
- Beauty, Nail, Tattoo, Piercing Application (PDF, 286KB)
- Amusement Device Application (PDF, 573KB)
- Schedule of Fees »