Planned Road Closures
Te Ore Ore Roundabout
Tauweru Retaining Wall Replacement
Diversions – Te Ore Ore Road Roundabout
Work starts on Monday 17 May on a new roundabout at the intersection of Te Ore Ore Road and Blair and Totara Streets.
The following diversions and traffic management measures will be in place:
- A single lane, for west-bound traffic only, will operate on Te Ore Ore Road between Colombo Road and Cooper Street, enabling direct access to Wairarapa Hospital and SH2.
- Heavy vehicles heading towards the east coast (including laden and unladen trucks) should access Te Ore Ore Road via Dixon and Church Streets, and Colombo Road.
- Light vehicles heading east on Te Ore Ore Road will be diverted via Cooper Street.
- The entrance to Totara Street at Te Ore Ore Road will be closed – Blair Street will remain open.
- Emergency services will receive priority access to Wairarapa Hospital.
- Non-emergency access to the hospital and Blair St will be via Te Ore Ore Road from the east.
These measures are likely to be in place for the duration of the work, expected to be complete in September.
The roundabout is being constructed in response to community demand for improved safety measures in the area.
Masterton District Council appreciates the work will cause a degree of disruption and thanks the community for its understanding during this project.
Road closures due to weather or emergency events
Tinui Valley Road at Orere Bridge
Due to a washed-out bridge approach, the bridge at Orere is closed.